Monday, January 18, 2010

Easy Bake Oven

Hey do you know some one who has an easy bake oven? Or maybe you have a child who has one. Great toys. my daughter got one for Christmas. Looks like it will be a lot of fun. But the cake mixes what is in thoses things? How expensive are they to buy more? I got to thinking could I not make my own recipes? It sure would save me money and time. I started searching on line. Well in my searching I came across two cookbooks on is called Easy Bake Oven Gourmet  Looks great. It is filled with vintage pictures, and 32 recipes from  famous chefs. Gourmet recipes at that. Who wouldn't want to try Almond Raspberry Cake with White Chocolate and Cream Cheese Frosting. Or how about Pear Streusel Coffee Cake. I would love this cookbook. Now some of the reviews stat that the chefs don't make the recipes small. They leave it full size. Means you are left with a lot of cake. Also some of the recipes they say are to gourmet for kids. But my kids eat a diversity of foods so for me I am not so worried about it. But things to keep in mind. Also I can not find a more reasonably priced edition. $65.73 is a bit much for a kids cookbook. I am not willing to pay that price. So I keep looking for a better one.

There is how ever another cookbook that I found. Called Baking with Mommy Cookbook  This also looks really good. It has 70 recipes in it. A mom made this for her daughter who had an oven with a light bulb. Wouldn't you like to try Rocky Road Monster Truck Brownies? Or how about  Hot Diggidy Dog Pizza. This is also way more reasonably priced. $13.95. I would love to get them both. It would be fun to have. So if you or someone you know has an Easy Bake Oven one of these would be great to have. 


 







No comments:

Post a Comment