Friday, January 22, 2010

Chocolate for Breakfast



Does that sound wrong to you? Chocolate for Breakfast? Chocolate is heavenly should it not be eaten at any time of day? Well I got to look at this cookbook in my local bookstore. The pictures in side were amazing. I love a cookbook with pictures. The pictures alone sold me. Also I do love chocolate. Here is the review from Amazon.ca " "With over 100 detailed recipes and 260 full color photographs, this lavishly illustrated cookbook is the ultimate tribute to the world's favorite indulgence. Chocolate connoisseur and chef extraordinaire Barbara Passino is renowned for her sinfully decadent breakfasts, which she serves daily at the luxurious Oak Knoll Inn, situated in the heart of Napa Valley, California. "Chocolate for Breakfast" is a sumptuous collection of Barbara's passion-filled techniques, philosophies and anecdotes, all presented in easy-to-follow recipes and illustrated with the spectacular photography of renowned photographer Marc Hoberman. Menus with a chocolate twist inspired from cultures around the world are presented, including Italian, French, Asian, Moroccan, Spanish and American, as well as some fun surprises such as breakfast ideas for Valentines Day, the secret to making a perfect bed (who says breakfast has to be at the table?), a Chocolate-y proposal and a lot more." This book looks like a must have to anyone's cookbook collection. I know I sure want it. Now if I could just get that money tree in the back to grow. I could buy all the cookbooks I wanted.

3 comments:

  1. That is too bad have to put a request in for it. Looks so good! If your every at McNally go and check it out.

    ReplyDelete