Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Once a week cooking?!

There are people out there who want to save money and time in the kitchen. So what they do is cook larger batches of stuff. Say cooking once a week or once a month I have even heard of someone who cooked once every 6 months. My husband and a friend we cooked for a day and had enough meals for a month. We did it right before my baby was due. I had a 16 month at home and with a new one on the way thought this would be great for us. It was very handy to have all those meals already in the freezer. Loved it. It was a lot of work cooking for that one day. Which for us to a bit longer. We finished a few things the next day. If you have the time and energy to do it it is a great thing. I was at a friends house the one day and checking out her cookbook collection. As you know I love cookbooks. She had this one that intrugued me. Called cook once a week, eat well every day. I borrowed it. I fell in love with this book. Every recipe I tried tasted great. I was dissappointed that there was not many pictures. But the tasty meals made up for it. You would make one meal the one day and it would make enough to make a different meal the next day. Check it out. If you are thinking of starting more of a bulk cooking once a week is a great way to start.

1 comment:

  1. great idea! I'll have to look for this one.
    ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete